Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Chuco <ca...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/06 15:28:27 UTC

Problems with Jboss and EJB 3.0 using ActiveMQ

Hi,
We are trying to connect a .NET client and EJB 3.0 runing on JBOSS using
AMQ. We setup the queues on JBOSS and works fine, but we can´t recieve
messages in EJB, anybody knows if EJB 3.0 is currently supported by AMQ?,
some configuration example for EJB 3.0 in some place.

Thanks a lot.

Chuco.

Re: Problems with Jboss and EJB 3.0 using ActiveMQ

Posted by David Budworth <db...@gmail.com>.
We attempted this as well, but it seemed the JCA adapter for AMQ was
implemented to throw on all the new JCA 1.5 calls.  So the MDB deployer
would immediately fail when it tried to setup the listeners.  Looking at the
jca source from AMQ (was a pre 5.0 snapshot from a month or two ago) the
methods were all there, but the body of the methods were just "throw new
RuntimeException("Not implemetned")" or something like that.

This should work if you use the jboss jca implementation and just manually
bind the connection factories to
java:XAConnectionFactory
java:ConnectionFactory
(plus the Queue and Topic versions of each)

But be warned that with the jboss jca adapter, you'll get N connections to
AMQ per mdb (N being up to the size of instance pool).  Which in our system
meant that each jboss server was holding 110 connections before any
activity, then spiked to 400-500 connections under load (using jboss
defaults form MDB3)