Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by Chandni Singh <ch...@datatorrent.com> on 2015/09/24 03:39:46 UTC

Adding Checkstyle plugin to Apex

Hi,

I want to add Checkstyle plugin to Apex with a custom configuration
dt-checks.xml.

When I added that locally to Apex root pom.xml, the Malhar built failed
with the following error:

Unable to find configuration file at location: dt_checks.xml: Could not
find resource 'dt_checks.xml'

This happens because dt-framework is parent of malhar.

Please let me know if I want to add this just to APEX for now and not
Malhar, which pom.xml should I modify.

Chandni

Re: Adding Checkstyle plugin to Apex

Posted by Chandni Singh <ch...@datatorrent.com>.
There can be other projects (other than Malhar) which inherit from
dt-framework so can't manually change all of them.

One solution is to add it to plugin management. Only the child modules that
refer to it will inherit it so I can make dt-api, dt-common, dt-engine
refer to it. Can't find any better solution.

Thanks,
Chandni

Posted by Timothy Farkas <ti...@datatorrent.com>.
I see.