Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Loïc CHANEL <lo...@telecomnancy.net> on 2024/02/08 11:30:48 UTC

[Usersync] Fetch several attributes

Hi guys,

As I'm pulling Ranger users from LDAP, I would like not only to pull the
username from there but also the first and last name, and most importantly
the email address of the LDAP user. This led me to an old Jira
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RANGER-567> that asks for just that
feature (the person who answers has an oddly familiar first name), which
makes me think it has not been implemented yet.
Am I correct ? If so, how hard would it be to develop and maintain that
feature ?
In parallel, is there a way to modify the users post-import in order to
enrich the first name/last name/email fields ?
Thanks for your help,

Loïc CHANEL
Technical leader Big Data
Capgemini (Lyon, France)

Re: [Usersync] Fetch several attributes

Posted by Loïc CHANEL <lo...@telecomnancy.net>.
Hi guys,

I went to take a look at the code, I think I can develop the part I'm
missing (pulling First Name, Last Name and Email Address fields from the
LDAP/AD if the user provides the fields where to get these information in
the LDAP/AD).
Now this brings 2 questions :
- How probable is it that my modification could be accepted in the main
Ranger branch ?
- When is the next Ranger release scheduled for ?

To be clear, I really need that feature so if it isn't part of Ranger
usersync roadmap I will have to develop a minimalistic Ranger usersync
module that does it (and in my opinion it's a shame not making it available
to the community).
What's your opinion on this?
Thanks,

Loïc CHANEL