Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Cristiano Costantini <cr...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/04 08:41:01 UTC

bundle:watch

Hello all,

I am trying to use for the first time the bundle:watch command,
however I cannot get it to work correctly...

I watch a bundle with bundle:watch ID, I also start explicitly watching
with bundle:watch --start, the bundle is correctly listed when I execute
bundle:watch --list , but when I recompile my bundle using mvn clean
install, it is not updated automatically.

I'm using Karaf 4.0.5

Am I doing something wrong?
Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Thanks
Cristiano

Re: bundle:watch

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

during development, you should install the feature manually.
In that case it'll always pulled from your maven repo and therefore can be
updated.

regards, Achim

--

Apache Member

Re: bundle:watch

Posted by Cristiano Costantini <cr...@gmail.com>.
yes, that's exactly my case !

Re: bundle:watch

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Re: bundle:watch

Posted by Erwin Hogeweg <er...@me.com>.
Also keep in mind that there is an issue with the time zones. At least in 4.0.8. When the bundle time is compared with the file time. One is in local time the other is in GMT. So if you live west of Greenwich your bundle gets always updated every 5 seconds...

I believe JB created a Jira for this.

Erwin

Re: bundle:watch

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.