Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Andreas Oberhack <Ob...@softwarefabrik.net> on 2005/07/20 09:30:39 UTC

Oscar's Studio

Hi all,

after some discussions with Alex and Enrique I started to create a new Eclipse plugin for Oscar.

I took my old eclipse plugin from old Avalon / Merlin / Metro days as a starting point. I think I will be able to deliver a first prototype of oscars eclipse plugin within 14 days. I have renamed all packages so that the code is already "Apache compatible".

Do you agree in calling the plugin "Oscar Studio"?

Alternatives could be: "Oscar's Studio" :-), "Oscar Workbench", "OSGi Studio" ...

WDYT?

Andreas

Re: Oscar's Studio

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Richard S. Hall wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I think that is great news.
>
> I don't really have a preference on the name (i.e., Oscar Studio
> sounds fine), so whatever your preference is, is fine by me.
>
> Are you investigating Oscar 2.0 alpha or the current 1.0.5? I would
> recommend the latest 2.0 alpha in subversion at ObjectWeb, but it is
> not absolutely necessary. I wanted to make a snapshot release
> available soon, but I guess I will have to get things set up at Apache
> first. If you need any help, just ask.
>
> I can't want to see some results from your work.

Me too.  Let's start getting the forms submitted for the contribution.
I know this was originally an Avalon thing but it might have changed and
others may have contributed to it.  So we are going to need to get a
software grant form for it Andreas.   Instructions on how and to whom
you need to fax the form are in the document itself here:

http://apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt

As soon as you do that and we confirm its receipt you can import it into
the svn repo and we can goto town.

Regards,
Alex

Re: Oscar's Studio

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Hello,

I think that is great news.

I don't really have a preference on the name (i.e., Oscar Studio sounds
fine), so whatever your preference is, is fine by me.

Are you investigating Oscar 2.0 alpha or the current 1.0.5? I would
recommend the latest 2.0 alpha in subversion at ObjectWeb, but it is not
absolutely necessary. I wanted to make a snapshot release available
soon, but I guess I will have to get things set up at Apache first. If
you need any help, just ask.

I can't want to see some results from your work.

-> richard

Re: Oscar's Studio

Posted by ESCOFFIER Clément <cl...@imag.fr>.
Hello,

In our team, we have already develop an eclipse plugin to developp
bundles for Oscar.
http://www-adele.imag.fr/~desertot/dev/osgi/eclipse/doc/

Moreover, a trainee works on the plugin to improve it.

Clément Escoffier

Re: Oscar's Studio

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.