Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Ralf S. Engelschall" <rs...@engelschall.com> on 1999/01/01 19:58:57 UTC

Re: [STATUS] (apache-1.3) Wed Dec 30 23:45:18 EST 1998

In article <19...@Mail.MeepZor.Com> you wrote:

>     1.3.4-dev: current.
>             Lars is RM.
>             Possible release on January 4. (tagged/rolled on January 2.)
>             Win32 distribution: ??? (any volunteer?)
>[...]

I think January 2th is too quick for rolling the tarball.  There are still
things in the queue which a little bit more time (a few days).

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com

Re: [STATUS] (apache-1.3) Wed Dec 30 23:45:18 EST 1998

Posted by Lars Eilebrecht <La...@unix-ag.org>.
According to Martin Kraemer:

>  On Fri, Jan 01, 1999 at 07:58:57PM +0100, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> >
> > I think January 2th is too quick for rolling the tarball.  There are still
> > things in the queue which a little bit more time (a few days).
> >

>  I agree. The mod_negotiation patch is a great improvement, but the dust
>  should IMO at least settle for a few days before we can release the
>  tarball.

I agree... we should not rush the release of 1.3.4.

At the very least we should resolve all current stowstopper problems
and I'd wish that we can agree on a binbuild solution _before_ we
release a new Apache version (most of our current binary tarballs
are outdated!).

Apart from that we've a bunch of nice 'available patches'. IMHO
some of them are worth beeing added to 1.3.4, especially the
hash table patch for mod_rewrite (I've not committed it yet,
because Ralf said that he'd like to review the patch).

Unfortunately I won't be able to act as release manager between
01/04/99 and 01/21/99 (approx.), because I'm moving to
munich (new job and all that stuff).

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht                        - The most useful program will be
sfx@unix-ag.org                   - continually improved until it is useless.

Re: [STATUS] (apache-1.3) Wed Dec 30 23:45:18 EST 1998

Posted by Martin Kraemer <ma...@mch.sni.de>.
On Fri, Jan 01, 1999 at 07:58:57PM +0100, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> I think January 2th is too quick for rolling the tarball.  There are still
> things in the queue which a little bit more time (a few days).

I agree. The mod_negotiation patch is a great improvement, but the dust
should IMO at least settle for a few days before we can release the tarball.

    Martin
--
<Ma...@Mch.SNI.De>      |        Siemens Information and
Phone: +49-89-636-46021          |        Communication  Products