Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Charles Yates <cy...@lanelib.stanford.edu> on 2002/01/16 19:49:17 UTC

Re: JdbcDataSource question: revisited

After continuing to get invalid connections from my JdbcDataSource
component I dove into the source and found a couple of problems.  My
situation is a good test case because for some reason beyond my control
the database goes down and back up nightly.  When this occurred
JdbcDataSource would not regenerate the connections.  I'll include diffs
of my changes that set things right.

Charles

Re: JdbcDataSource question: revisited

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Charles Yates wrote:

> After continuing to get invalid connections from my JdbcDataSource
> component I dove into the source and found a couple of problems.  My
> situation is a good test case because for some reason beyond my control
> the database goes down and back up nightly.  When this occurred
> JdbcDataSource would not regenerate the connections.  I'll include diffs
> of my changes that set things right.
>
> Charles

You are the second one to catch the error with AbstractDataSource.  I appologize
for it's existence--but I already committed that fix.  I believe that the
JdbcDataSource changes merely change whitespace--but do not change the real logic.

Make sure that you add the -b flag to the diff so that whitespace is ignored,
and the real changes are recorded:

cvs diff -N -ub [fileset]

- or -

diff -ub [original] [newfile] > [diff file]

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin