Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alexander Diedler <ad...@tecracer.de> on 2009/05/24 19:13:29 UTC

Renew SSL Certificate

Hello all,

We use a Tomcat 6.0.16 and the build-in Keystore technology for the SSL
functionality. Now it is time to re-new the Certificate. We get an error by
importing the certificate. Jara JRE 1.6.0_06

We use the Same SSL-Provider and bought the same SSL type and generate the
SSL cert with the same CSR as 1 year ago.

We copy ths certificate hash code in to a .pem file, and then transform it
with

C:\openssl\openssl x509 -in d:/Keystore/www_ site_de.pem -inform PEM
-outform DER -out D:/Keystore/www_ site_de.crt

And then try to import with

keytool -import -alias tomcat -keystore <your_keystore_filename> \

        -file <your_certificate_filename>

But it not work. The error message is in german:

Keytool-Fehler: java.lang.Exception: Íffentliche Schlüssel in Antwort und
Keystore stimmen nicht überein.  In english like

Public key in answear and keystore doesn´t match.

Greetings

Alexander