Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org> on 2017/03/06 14:00:15 UTC

xlsb Streaming Reader?

All,
  I'm considering starting work on a streaming reader for xlsb.  Has anyone else worked on this?  Would this conflict with anyone's plans?

         Best,

                 Tim

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-1195

RE: xlsb Streaming Reader?

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.
:)  Thank you for the feedback and the pointers to the other issues.  I'll start small and focus on SAX/read-only streaming.  The amount of rework for DOM would be prohibitive for me, I think.

I'll open an issue, start a new branch on my personal github site and hack something out there.  Any and all feedback will be appreciated.  There's always the tension between complicating our current API and not duplicating existing functionality.

Thank you, again.

Cheers,

       Tim

We currently have no support for xlsb, either streaming or dom. This would be a welcome addition.

We also have bugs open for OOXML strict (bug 57699) and 3rd Edition OOXML schemas (bug 56205), depending on how much you want time you have to contribute in the name of file format support.

RE: xlsb Streaming Reader?

Posted by Javen O'Neal <ja...@gmail.com>.
Regarding newer editions of OOXML schema:

If that's something you're interested in and willing to work on, yes. Read
through the bug first to see the backwards compatibility concerns.

RE: xlsb Streaming Reader?

Posted by "Murphy, Mark" <mu...@metalexmfg.com>.

Re: xlsb Streaming Reader?

Posted by Javen O'Neal <ja...@gmail.com>.