Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Martin van den Bemt <mv...@mvdb.com> on 2001/05/21 23:58:02 UTC

Problem running tomcat 4 in apache 1.3.19

Hi,

After a struggle to get tomcat 4 running on my systen (running on Linux with
jdk 1.3.1), I tried to configure tomcat 4 to run with apache. After
following (some) of the instructions in the server.xml and other sources I
got the web_webapp.so actually compiled and "running" in apache ( which
means : apache doesn't crash when I start it up..). I mounted the examples
to be served by tomcat 4 and when I go there (say
http://<servername>/examples/ I get a nice directory overview and I want to
click on servlets. then I get a nice exception (without exception..) :

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpUtils.getRequestURL(HttpUtils.java:338)
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.HttpResponseBase.toAbsolute(HttpResponseBase.j
ava:669)
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.HttpResponseBase.sendRedirect(HttpResponseBase
.java:1072)
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.HttpResponseFacade.sendRedirect(HttpResponseFa
cade.java:150)
	at
org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet.serveResource(DefaultServlet.jav
a:1084)
	at
org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet.doGet(DefaultServlet.java:519)

<snap a lot>

All this stuff is working great on the 8080 port, which is handled by tomcat
itself.

Can anybody enlighten me on what is going on or how to correctly configure
(and compile) the connection to tomcat

Note : the example of mounting _INFO_ to eg /tomcatinfo/ works...

Thanx for the help..

Mvgr,
Martin van den Bemt