Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Jakob Homan <jg...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/22 18:29:59 UTC

Private channel being used for discussion on gitter

Hey all-
  Apparently there is a private channel being used for project
discussion on gitter (the archive would be here:
https://gitter.im/apache/incubator-airflow/Airflow_committers/archives/all,
similar to the public archive of the regular gitter channel:
https://gitter.im/apache/incubator-airflow/archives/all), titled
"Airflow_committers."

As has been discussed before, all non-PMC level ASF communication
*has* to be in a public accessible forum (preferably that is archived
to an ASF list).  Even if well intentioned, these channels are
exclusionary and absolutely verboten per ASF.

We need to open or shut that channel down and make sure we note this
on the next IPMC report...

-Jakob

Re: Private channel being used for discussion on gitter

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.
Why not use to IRC instead? Airflow_users for user user related questions and airflow_dev for developing related questions. Both obviously open to anyone but with a different topic. With a good channel bot archives will be available automatically and public. If really needed a log can even be sent to the mailing list.

Or whatever else that allows a faster stream  and topic based discussion publicly.

B.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.
Unfortunately chat rooms cannot be made public/private after creation. See
https://github.com/gitterHQ/gitter/issues/676

I have created #airflow and #airflow-dev on freenode.net (IRC). I have requested
logging with botbot.me (https://botbot.me), although that may take a while to come
through. Links to the logs will updated once available.

If you are behind a corporate firewall or don’t have an irc client you can try this:

Dev:
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#airflow-dev

Users:
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#airflow