Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Milan Trajkovic <tr...@ceetel.co.yu> on 2003/06/17 17:36:19 UTC

war deployment and simple authentication

Hello!
I have a following problem:
I developed application that should be deployed as .war archive.
In this application I used SimpleAuthenticationHandler and
SimpleAuthorizationHandler as in StockQuote example.
I put users.lst and perms.lst in WEB-INF directory of my war archive
(along with web.xml and server-config.wsdd)

When I deploy application (on the JBoss 3.0.6 with tomcat 4.1.18 )
everything works fine except when I try to access the service that is
secured. I always get authorization error. If I use exploded form
(e.g. copy contetn of that archive in directory named myapp.war, it
works.
How to get simple authorization to work with war archive?

Thank you!

Milan

----------------
mailto:trajkovic@ceetel.co.yu

Why does server-config.wsdd not get created when log says so, but only later?

Posted by Colin Sampaleanu <co...@exis.com>.
I have a bit of chicken and egg situation here. I want to run the admin
client on a remote system to deploy something, but can't until I change
the remote admin setting in the server-config.wsdd file. However, axis
only seems to actually create this file when I deploy something, despite
the fact that it puts out the log message saying it is creating it
---
- Unable to find config file.  Creating new servlet engine config file:
/WEB-INF/server-config.wsdd
---
even when you hit the '..../services' URL. Is there any way of forcing
axis on that machine to actually write out the config file short of
deploying something (from locally)?   If it actually wrote out the file
when it said it was going to (by hitting the view services url) that
would be fine.

I realize I can copy an existing server-config.wsdd file from somewhere
else, but I would prefer not to do that since I would then have to
configure a few other things as well that are specific to the machine
(location of attachements dir, etc.)

Regards,

Colin