Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Salvatore Salpietro <SS...@aim.ca> on 2018/07/25 14:18:45 UTC

How do you configure algorithms and feature generator

I could not find any documentation about how to use the feature generation while training a model for the name finder.  Nor could I find any information about how to train a Maxent or Perceptron model, or how to configure these algorithms.

I am aware of the basic documentation here http://opennlp.apache.org/docs/1.9.0/manual/opennlp.html  but it does not help beyond getting started.

seems other people cannot find any as well

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11989633/custom-feature-generation-in-opennlp-namefinder-api

So basically you have put all this work into creating this software but not included sufficient documentation or example how to configure and use it, which basically renders it useless to us if we cannot figure it out.

Is there another location where I can find further documentation or examples? If not are there any plans to address this?

This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential, and may not be forwarded or disclosed to any party other than the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return email immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.