Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by pe...@appligos.com on 2005/01/07 19:56:58 UTC

Rule using external command ? Unknown domain filtring ?

Hello,

Is there a way to create a rule that use a external command ? I'd like to
do a rule to filter unknown domain.

Best regard,
PE

Re: Rule using external command ? Unknown domain filtring ?

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 01:56 PM 1/7/2005, peisele@appligos.com wrote:
>Is there a way to create a rule that use a external command ? I'd like to
>do a rule to filter unknown domain.

Assuming 3.0.x this is possible. For Older versions, it's not without
hacking the SA code.

You'll need to write a perl plugin to do that. You'll need to add a
loadplugin statement and a a rule which calls an eval on the plugin.

 From there, once you're into the plugin's eval function, it can do
whatever it wishes that's possible in perl, including executing external
programs.

See the plugin reference docs:

http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.0.x/dist/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Plugin.html