Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Andrew Palumbo <ap...@outlook.com> on 2015/05/06 00:58:38 UTC

removing dependency jars from the mahout binary distribution

The mahout distribution currently is shipping ~56 MB of dependecy jars
in the /lib directory of the distribution.  I believe most of these are
included in the mahout-examples-*-job.jar. These are only added to the
classpath by /bin/mahout in the binary distribution. It seems that we
can remove them from the distribution. (we need to get the size of the
distribution down)

Any input is appreciated.