Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Nicolas Dordet <do...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/13 14:22:34 UTC

apache directory studio certificate

Hi all,

I'm trying to install ldap browser eclipse plugin by command line
($INSTDIR\IDE\eclipse\eclipsec -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director
-repository $URLUpdateSite -installIU
org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.feature.feature.group/1.5.3.v20100330")
but I get an error message : "certificat rejected"
Note that the certificate is out of date but the update site installation
works well.

(I'm not a certificate expert).
I try to import the STUDIO.DSA (I found it in the feature jar) in my
keystore with keytool but I could'nt.

So, where can I find the public key and how could I import it to my
keystore?

I also try to build the plugin (thinking I could put away the certificate
request but I didn't find it) and I've got the same error.

Any help needed

Thanks

Re: apache directory studio certificate

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
  On 7/13/10 2:22 PM, Nicolas Dordet wrote:
> Hi all,

Let me suggest a ugly workaround : modify the machine date before
installing the plugin...

Ok, ok I know, it's ugly...

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Should we request an ASF-signed certificate from infra to sign Studio during a release? (was: Fwd: apache directory studio certificate)

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi dev,

I'm forwarding a mail received on the users list about certificate usage on Studio.

Apache Directory Studio jars (including plugins and features) are all signed using the keytool command during the build of a release.
This certificate allows Eclipse to verify the validity of the software during the installation with the update site.

Until now, we were using a self-signed certificate which, as it is self-signed, only lasts 6 months.
As you can see on the mail below, this situation is causing some issue.

Stefan suggested me on IM that for the next releases we could request an ASF-signed certificate from infra.
I think it's a good idea.
WDOT ?

Does anyone know if infra can provide us such a certificate ?

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud

Begin forwarded message:

Posted by Nicolas Dordet <do...@gmail.com>.
FYI I use this command line to import the certificate :
keytool -import -trustcacerts -alias apacheldap -file ./studio.cer -keystore
$ECLIPSE_HOME/jre/lib/security/cacerts

Note that I put a jre in the eclipse folder that will be use for start
eclipse.

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Awesome!

Posted by Nicolas Dordet <do...@gmail.com>.