Posted to dev@streams.apache.org by Steve Blackmon <sb...@apache.org> on 2015/04/12 19:50:32 UTC

[DISCUSS] Test Data implications for 0.2 release

During the vote on streams-project rc2, an IPMC member raised concern
about licensing of streams test data.  I think this issue is isolated
to streams-contrib.

This concern will need to be discussed and resolved.  I'm confident
the project can come up with an approach that gives the code base an
ability to test with real-world data from third-party providers and
addresses all of the foundation's copyright concerns, but that will
take some time to work through.

One option we have immediately available is to perform a release with
all test data of questionable copyright removed from the project and
all tests that currently rely upon them disabled.  I will get started
creating an rc3 that does this, and ask for your support for it and
patience while an appropriate course of action is determined.

In the meantime, if you have suggestions about what we could change
architecturally or specifically to re-activate and improve testing in
the impacted modules, please send those to the group.

Steve Blackmon
sblackmon@apache.org

Re: [DISCUSS] Test Data implications for 0.2 release

Posted by Steve Blackmon <sb...@apache.org>.
I have opened https://github.com/apache/incubator-streams/pull/213
which I believe produces a release that won't be blocked while we work
this out.

Please take a look around and let me know if you can find anything I missed.

Once this gets some support, I'll start cutting rc3.

Steve Blackmon
sblackmon@apache.org