Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Miriam Allalouf <mi...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/17 11:55:15 UTC

Several CFs and partitioning : which key rabge is used

Hi,
I have a basic question regarding key ranges and partitions.
Assuming we have two CF column familes, each is associated with
different KEY range and compare order.
Now, Cassandra supports only one "range" of  token values and key node
assignement --- so, how each key range (that belong to a different CF)
is spread among the nodes - should we concatenate them?
Thanks,
Miriam

Re: Several CFs and partitioning : which key rabge is used

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
There is only one partitioner, and that alone is what determines key
-> token mapping.  CF has nothing to do with it.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra