Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Haisheng Yuan <hy...@apache.org> on 2021/07/07 03:19:16 UTC

[DISCUSS] Draft board report for Jul 2021

Attached below is a draft of this month's board report. I plan to submit it on
Jul 13. Please let me know if you have any additions or corrections.

The mission of Calcite is the creation and maintenance of software related to
Dynamic data management framework

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache Calcite was founded 2015-10-21 (6 years ago)
There are currently 53 committers and 23 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 7:3.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Ruben Q L on 2020-08-09.
- Vladimir Ozerov was added as committer on 2021-06-23.

## Project Activity:
Calcite Avatica 1.18.0 was released on 2021-05-18. Calcite 1.27.0 was
released on 2021-06-03, with important features such as InnoDB adapter,
Three-valued logic for SEARCH operator and MergeUnion operator in
Enumerable convention.

On Apr 26th, we had online meeting to discuss the proposal of extending
Calcite to an incremental query optimizer.

## Community Health:
The overall activity in the community has slightly decreased in the past
few months without this being worrisome. Specifically we have less active
reviewers in the past 3 months. We need more committers to spend some
time to review open pull requests.

the number of non-committer (contributor) commits per month
+---------------------+---------------------+---------------------+
|        year         |        month        | contributor_commits |
+---------------------+---------------------+---------------------+
| 2021                | 4                   | 14                  |
| 2021                | 5                   | 4                   |
| 2021                | 6                   | 5                   |
+---------------------+---------------------+---------------------+

top reviewers in the last 3 months
+-----------+---------------------+
| committer |       reviews       |
+-----------+---------------------+
| Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> | 13                  |
| Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com> | 5                   |
| rubenada <ru...@gmail.com> | 1                   |
| amaliujia <am...@163.com> | 1                   |
| ForwardXu <fo...@gmail.com> | 1                   |
| yuzhao.cyz <yu...@gmail.com> | 1                   |
| liyafan82 <li...@gmail.com> | 1                   |

Thanks,
Haisheng Yuan

Re: [DISCUSS] Draft board report for Jul 2021

Posted by Haisheng Yuan <hy...@apache.org>.
Sure, I will update the draft.

Thanks for the suggestion, Francis.

Haisheng