Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org> on 1997/12/16 03:39:06 UTC

xml

One of my clients asked if there's an XML module, or any work on
supporting XML.  Anyone here?  I've no idea what they really want to do
yet.

Dean

Re: xml

Posted by Ingo Luetkebohle <in...@devconsult.de>.
On Mon, 15 Dec 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> Right that's what I thought too -- I don't know anything about xml though
> so I asked in case it made sense.

Hmm, perhaps it does make sense. Some of the "push" thingies are able to
output a dynamic XML index listing the other resources available at their
site. I believe Marimbas W3C submission uses something like it.

Still not much better, but hopefully closer to what your client is
referring to.

---Ingo Luetkebohle
dev/consulting Gesellschaft fuer Netzwerkentwicklung und -beratung mbH
url: http://www.devconsult.de/ - fon: 0521-1365800 - fax: 0521-1365803

Re: xml

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.

Re: xml

Posted by Rasmus Lerdorf <ra...@lerdorf.on.ca>.

Re: xml

Posted by Paul Sutton <pa...@eu.c2.net>.
On Mon, 15 Dec 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> One of my clients asked if there's an XML module, or any work on
> supporting XML.  Anyone here?  I've no idea what they really want to do
> yet.

Maybe they want a server-side module to map a database output onto XML for
network transmission to an XML-aware browser applet or ActiveX? Perl would
do that fine...

//pcs