Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com> on 2003/12/23 05:41:54 UTC

commons-vfs and [was Re: help with ftp task]

At 01:18 AM 12/21/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Jacob Kjome wrote:
>
>>At 01:48 PM 12/20/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Jakob,
>>>you cannot specify how you are going to name a file that you are
>>>downloading with the "ftp" task.
>>>you might want to have a look at the "common-vfs" sandbox project of
>>>Jakarta.
>>

>>Awesome.  Thanks Antoine!  I didn't know that existed.  I tested vfs
>><v-copy> and it downloaded from http and ftp with the same syntax.
>>Exactly what I was looking for!!!
>>
>>Jake
>Hi Jake,
>
>if you want to contribute more, it might be interesting to learn about
>this common-vfs project. I am wondering whether it could be used as the
>foundation of a more powerful ant,
>able to copy seamlessly from a CVS repository to entries in a jar file, or
>from a ftp remote directory to entries on a JNDI server, ....
>
>Just a thought at the moment, because I really know almost nothing about
>common-vfs.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Antoine

Yes, it certainly sounds like somewhat of a panacea.  Unfortunately,
further testing shows that there is a bug in, at least, the <v-copy> task
where if you use the same named destfile more than one time when copying
during the same ant session, an error is reported that copying to the file
failed because the file currently exists and is read-only even though I
explicitly deleted it.  So, in its current state, it is of little use to me
and I have had to fall back to the <get> task and forgo ftp:// URL
support.  Hopefully that will be fixed soon.  Here is a link to a message I
sent to the jakarta-commons-user list for your reference....
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-user&m=107211988131196&w=2

Jake

Re: Sound Task In Build.xml

Posted by "Clifton C. Craig" <cc...@icsaward.com>.
Sathish Kumar T.K. wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Below is the script from Build.xml file.
>
>Can you tell me where to put the *.wav file.
>Right now i have put that  in the same directory where build.xml exist.
>Its not working for me.
>Thanks,
>Sathish
>
><sound>
><success source="SUCCESS.WAV" duration="10000" loops="2"/>
>
><fail source="FAILURE.WAV" duration="10000" loops="2"/>
>
></sound>

Make sure the wav files are in PCM format. The sound task seems to have
trouble with some of the audio formats. I modify my sounds to with the
Windows sound recorder and save them in 8 bit PCM format. Just open the
sound files in Recorder, go to properties, switch the format and re-save
them. You can put the sounds in the same folder as the build or you can
put them anywhere as long as the source attribute contains the path to
the file.

Cliff

Sound Task In Build.xml