Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ranmatrix S <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/23 23:46:23 UTC

Solr Index problem

Hi,

I have setup Solr to index data from Oracle DB through DIH handler. However
through Solr admin I could see the DB connection is successfull, data
retrieved from DB to Solr but not added into index. The message is that "0
documents added" even when I am able to see that 9 records are returned
back.

The schema and fields in db-data-config.xml are one and the same.

Please suggest if anything I should look for.

Ran...

Re: Solr Index problem

Posted by Andy Lester <an...@petdance.com>.
On Aug 23, 2012, at 4:46 PM, ranmatrix S <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The schema and fields in db-data-config.xml are one and the same.

Please attach or post both the schema and the DIH config XML files so we can see them.  The DIH can be pretty tricky.

You say you can see 9 records are returned back.  How do you see that?

xoa

--
Andy Lester => andy@petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance

Re: Solr Index problem

Posted by Michael Della Bitta <mi...@appinions.com>.
Have you investigated the logs of your servlet container? There's
probably some explanation for why the documents weren't submitted in
there.

Michael Della Bitta

Appinions | 18 East 41st St., Suite 1806 | New York, NY 10017
www.appinions.com
Where Influence Isn’t a Game

Re: Solr Index problem

Posted by Chantal Ackermann <c....@it-agenten.com>.
> Are you committing? You have to commit for them to be actually added….

If DIH says it did not add any documents ("added 0 documents") committing won't help.

Likely, there is a problem with the mapping between DIH and the schema so that none of the fields make it into the index. We would need the DIH and the schema file, as Andy pointed out already.

Cheers,
Chantal

RE: Solr Index problem