Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Steven W. Orr" <st...@syslang.net> on 2005/06/10 17:45:16 UTC

Difference between sa-learn --spam and spamassassin -rda

I have both spamcop

spamcop_from_address steveo@syslang.net
spamcop_to_address submit.whathehay@spam.spamcop.net

in my local.cf

and when I get spam coming through I always forward it to spamcop. I also
pipe it through sa-learn --spam but my question is:

If I pipe it through sa -r -d  I don't ever get a report to confirm from
spamcop. Am I doing something wrong or is my expectation out of kilter?

TIA

steveo at syslang.net

Re: Difference between sa-learn --spam and spamassassin -rda

Posted by "Steven W. Orr" <st...@syslang.net>.
On Friday, Jun 10th 2005 at 11:49 -0400, quoth Theo Van Dinter:

=>On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 11:45:16AM -0400, Steven W. Orr wrote:
=>> If I pipe it through sa -r -d  I don't ever get a report to confirm from
=>
=>FYI: there's no point in adding -d to the report line.  In fact, you're just
=>causing SA to do more work.  (report already removes the markup, but -d causes
=>the markup to be removed a second time)
=>
=>--
=>Randomly Generated Tagline:
=>?pu gnikcab yb naem uoy tahw siht sI
=>

Ok. But...

If I pipe it through sa -r   I don't ever get a report to confirm from
spamcop. Am I doing something wrong or is my expectation out of kilter?

I have both spamcop entries

spamcop_from_address steveo@syslang.net
spamcop_to_address submit.whathehay@spam.spamcop.net

in my local.cf

Is it supposed to be reported as if I had submitted using their interface?

steveo at syslang.net

Re: Difference between sa-learn --spam and spamassassin -rda

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.