Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by "Kareem AhmedAbdel Kareem | Ejada Sytsems Ltd." <ka...@ejada.com> on 2018/05/22 08:01:03 UTC

(Servicemix 7.0.1) upgrade camel to 2.21.1

I followed the below step to upgrade the camel version to latest 2.21.1. Please tell me is it correct or not? and is it will cause any problems in the future?
Steps (using a fresh downloaded Servicemix server):
1. Remove directory ‘data’ to be sure that server in initial status
2. Edit file etc/org.apache.karaf.features.cfg
    a. Remove line 28: mvn:org.apache.activemq/activemq-karaf/5.14.5/xml/features, \
    b. Update Line 29: mvn:org.apache.camel.karaf/apache-camel/2.21.1/xml/features, \
    c. Update Line 30: mvn:org.apache.cxf.karaf/apache-cxf/3.2.2/xml/features, \
    d. Remove Lines 63, 64, 65, and 67
        activemq-camel, \
        activemq-broker-noweb, \
        activemq-blueprint, \
        servicemix-messaging
    e. Update Line 66: From cxf, \ to cxf

3. Start the server to read changes and install required packages. (‘ll need internet access)
I removed activemq as there are some conflicts with Camel during the upgrade and I am already using rabbitmq.
CXF upgraded to 3.2.2 as camel-cxf depend on this version.

"This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager.”