Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by ant elder <an...@apache.org> on 2008/05/14 20:51:13 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Tuscany Graduation as TLP

After 29 months in the incubator, 19 releases, 25 new committers, and
tons of emails the Apache Tuscany community (with support from our
mentors) again feels that we are ready to graduate to an official top
level project at Apache as indicated by the community vote recorded
at: http://apache.markmail.org/message/lss5jhjxail7m67r

We would like the resolution below to be presented to the board for
consideration at the next possible board meeting.

For additional information, the Tuscany status file is here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/STATUS

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

   ...ant

X. Establish the Apache Tuscany Project

interests of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's
purpose to establish a Project Management Committee charged with
the creation and maintenance of open-source software for
distribution at no charge to the public, that simplifies the
development, deployment and management of distributed applications
built as compositions of service components. These components
may be implemented with a range of technologies and connected
using a variety of communication protocols. This software will
implement relevant open standards including, but not limited to,
the Service Component Architecture standard defined by the OASIS
OpenCSA member section, and related technologies.

Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Tuscany Project",
Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Tuscany Project be and hereby is
related to Apache Tuscany;
and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Tuscany" be
and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
of the Apache Tuscany Project, and to have primary responsibility
for management of the projects within the scope of
responsibility of the Apache Tuscany Project; and be it further

Apache Tuscany Project:

    * Adriano Crestani <adrianocrestani at apache dot org>
    * ant elder <antelder at apache dot org>
    * Brady Johnson <bjohnson at apache dot org>
    * Frank Budinsky <frankb at apache dot org>
    * Ignacio Silva-Lepe <isilval at apache dot org>
    * Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelfino at apache dot org>
    * kelvin goodson <kelvingoodson at apache dot org>
    * Luciano Resende <lresende at apache dot org>
    * Mark Combellack <mcombellack at apache dot org>
    * Matthieu Riou <mriou at apache dot org>
    * Mike Edwards <edwardsmj at apache dot org>
    * Paul Fremantle <pzf at apache dot org>
    * Pete Robbins <robbinspg at apache dot org>
    * Raymond Feng <rfeng at apache dot org>
    * Simon Laws <slaws at apache dot org>
    * Simon Nash <nash at apache dot org>
    * Venkata Krishnan <svkrish at apache dot org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Ant Elder
be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Tuscany, to
serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Tuscany Project be and hereby
Incubator Tuscany podling; and be it further

Incubator Tuscany podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tuscany Graduation as TLP

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
+1

/niklas

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tuscany Graduation as TLP

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
+1

- robert

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

Martijn

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tuscany Graduation as TLP

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 5:24 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 8:51 PM, ant elder <an...@apache.org> wrote:
>> After 29 months in the incubator, 19 releases, 25 new committers, and
>>  tons of emails the Apache Tuscany community (with support from our
>>  mentors) again feels that we are ready to graduate to an official top
>>  level project at Apache...
>
> +1, though I can't help noticing that two mentors (Geir and Sam)
> listed at http://incubator.apache.org/projects/tuscany.html have not
> voted at http://markmail.org/message/lss5jhjxail7m67r
>
> It'd be good to see their +1s here.

OK, here's mine: +1

- Sam Ruby

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tuscany Graduation as TLP

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tuscany Graduation as TLP

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 8:51 PM, ant elder <an...@apache.org> wrote:
> After 29 months in the incubator, 19 releases, 25 new committers, and
>  tons of emails the Apache Tuscany community (with support from our
>  mentors) again feels that we are ready to graduate to an official top
>  level project at Apache...

+1, though I can't help noticing that two mentors (Geir and Sam)
listed at http://incubator.apache.org/projects/tuscany.html have not
voted at http://markmail.org/message/lss5jhjxail7m67r

It'd be good to see their +1s here.

-Bertrand

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tuscany Graduation as TLP

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
ant elder wrote:
> After 29 months in the incubator, 19 releases, 25 new committers, and
> tons of emails the Apache Tuscany community (with support from our
> mentors) again feels that we are ready to graduate to an official top
> level project at Apache as indicated by the community vote recorded
> at: http://apache.markmail.org/message/lss5jhjxail7m67r

+1

> Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

And congrats in advance to all of the Tuscany community!

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache Tuscany Graduation as TLP

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations and good luck with the board!

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

[RESULT][VOTE] Apache Tuscany Graduation as TLP

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
+1

The incubator has really exercised its oversight of this project to
ensure diversity and I think that they are now ready.

Craig

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tuscany Graduation as TLP

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.
On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 11:51 AM, ant elder <an...@apache.org> wrote:

> After 29 months in the incubator, 19 releases, 25 new committers, and
> tons of emails the Apache Tuscany community (with support from our
> mentors) again feels that we are ready to graduate to an official top
> level project at Apache as indicated by the community vote recorded
> at: http://apache.markmail.org/message/lss5jhjxail7m67r
>
> We would like the resolution below to be presented to the board for
> consideration at the next possible board meeting.

Reiterating my +1. Good luck!

Matthieu

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
+1

> [...]
>    * Pete Robbins <robbinspg at apache dot org>
>    * Raymond Feng <rfeng at apache dot org>
>    * Simon Laws <slaws at apache dot org>
>    * Simon Nash <nash at apache dot org>
>    * Venkata Krishnan <svkrish at apache dot org>
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Ant Elder
> be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Tuscany, to
> serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache Tuscany Project be and hereby
> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> Incubator Tuscany podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> Incubator Tuscany podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tuscany Graduation as TLP

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Here's my +1 again. I think the Tuscany team has come a long way and I
believe we can hold this up as an example of the incubator really
providing good governance to incoming podlings.

Paul

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
+1

++Vamsi

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
+1 and best wishes,

 -jean

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
+1 Carl.

Posted by bill stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.
+1

Bill

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1

Niall

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
I went back, for nostalgic fun, and reviewed the discussions from when
Tuscany was originally proposed and debated.  Tuscany has come a long way,
from an initial proposal to do something for which there was not even a
specification.

+1

Congratulations.

	--- Noel