Posted to users@directory.apache.org by sathsara sarathchandra <sa...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/07/02 11:50:22 UTC

Use Apache LDAP API with OSGi

Hi Team,

>From where I can find information on how to use Apache LDAPAPI in an osgi environment?

Couldn’t find it in the user guide

Thanks and Regards

Sathsara

Re: Use Apache LDAP API with OSGi

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 02/07/15 11:50, sathsara sarathchandra a écrit :
> Hi Team,
>

> From where I can find information on how to use Apache LDAPAPI in an osgi environment?

There is nothing special in the LDAP API which differ from any OSGi
complient project. It's all about declaring the bundles and packages you
want to import in your application, like what we do in Studio :

            <Import-Package>
 net.sf.ehcache,
 org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.name,
 org.apache.directory.server.core.api.interceptor.context,
 org.apache.directory.api.ldap.schema.manager.impl
            </Import-Package>

            <Require-Bundle>
 org.apache.directory.server.core.api;bundle-version="${org.apache.directory.server.bundleversion}",
 org.apache.directory.server.ldif.partition;bundle-version="${org.apache.directory.server.bundleversion}",
 org.apache.directory.server.xdbm.partition;bundle-version="${org.apache.directory.server.bundleversion}",
 org.apache.directory.api.asn1.api;bundle-version="${org.apache.directory.api.bundleversion}",
 org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model;bundle-version="${org.apache.directory.api.bundleversion}",
 org.apache.directory.api.ldap.schema;bundle-version="${org.apache.directory.api.bundleversion}",
 org.apache.directory.api.ldap.extras.util;bundle-version="${org.apache.directory.api.bundleversion}",
 org.apache.directory.api.util;bundle-version="${org.apache.directory.api.bundleversion}",
 org.apache.directory.studio.openldap.common.ui,

Looking at each API jar's MANIFEST.MF will help you to see what is
exported (better use a tool !). It's extremelly likely that every
package you will use is already exported.

So as you can see, no magic here.