Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Albert Kam <mo...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/21 21:21:39 UTC

[fileupload] How to prevent file upload ddos ?

My assumption here is that file upload will validate the maximum number of
files after all files have been received and parsed.
And if that's the case, how to avoid hundreds of large file uploads that
can bring the system down ?

I am currently using tomcat 7.0.x here, and the latest version
commons-fileupload.

Re: [fileupload] How to prevent file upload ddos ?

Posted by Albert Kam <mo...@gmail.com>.
A great relieve to know. Thank you !

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 2:30 AM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 21/08/2013 20:21, Albert Kam wrote:
> > My assumption here is that file upload will validate the maximum number
> of
> > files after all files have been received and parsed.
> > And if that's the case, how to avoid hundreds of large file uploads that
> > can bring the system down ?
> >
> > I am currently using tomcat 7.0.x here, and the latest version
> > commons-fileupload.
>
> Your assumption is incorrect.
>
> Mark

Do not pursue the past. Do not lose yourself in the future.
The past no longer is. The future has not yet come.
Looking deeply at life as it is in the very here and now,
the practitioner dwells in stability and freedom.
(Thich Nhat Hanh)

Re: [fileupload] How to prevent file upload ddos ?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.