Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Frederic Toublanc <fr...@telemis.com> on 2013/09/06 16:09:20 UTC

Fuseki configuration

Hello,

I'd like to know how i can specify the system file mode of the fuseki
server when it access the TDB.

I'm using the following property when initializing the TDB in java :

TDB.getContext().set(SystemTDB.symFileMode, FileMode.direct);

And when i use Fuseki i would like it to connect to the same TDB with the
property system file mode set to "direct". It doesn't seem to be the case
by default in fuseki.

Any idea ?

Re: Fuseki configuration

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 06/09/13 15:09, Frederic Toublanc wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to know how i can specify the system file mode of the fuseki
> server when it access the TDB.
>
> I'm using the following property when initializing the TDB in java :
>
> TDB.getContext().set(SystemTDB.symFileMode, FileMode.direct);
>
> And when i use Fuseki i would like it to connect to the same TDB with the
> property system file mode set to "direct". It doesn't seem to be the case
> by default in fuseki.

On a 64bit JVM the default is mapped mode.

> Any idea ?

Tricky.  This has to be set before any TDB code runs.

I can think of two things to try:

1/ Set the context in fuseki:Server block:

[] rdf:type fuseki:Server ;
    ja:context [ ja:cxtName "tdb:fileMode" ;  ja:cxtValue "direct" ] ;
    fuseki:services (
      <#service1>
      <#service2>
    ) .

2/ Your own intialization. Instead of this line:

[] ja:loadClass "com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.TDB" .

put in your own code here (a public class with public static void init().

[] ja:loadClass "foo.bar.MyTDBInit" .

Your code sets the file mode then calls TDB.init().

Please let me know what you try and what works.

	Andy