Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Jonathan Bregler <jb...@itasoftware.com> on 2008/06/20 21:56:16 UTC

correct instructions for adding a use case?

Hi all,

Here's what we're trying to do, then why we can't do it.

As a proof of concept, we want to take a little javascript, pretend it
is an editor, and then add that as an editor to Lenya. We think the way
to do that is in two steps: (1) create a .jx view and add all our
javascript to it, then (2) create a usecase that uses that view.

What we would like: instructions for how to do this (from anywhere).

Why we can't do it at the moment: the instructions for creating a
usecase in the official documentation appear to be out of date, and we
are a little stumped.

In particular: At
http://lenya.apache.org/docs/2_0_x/reference/usecase-framework/index.html#Implementing+a+Custom+Usecase,
in a number of places the instructions refer to directories and files
that no longer exist:

1) There is no $LENYA_WEBAPP/lenya/usecases, as listed below. There many
directories named "usecases," and none of them have the above
sub-directories, so we don't know which one to use.

          The Lenya Core

    $LENYA_WEBAPP
      /lenya/usecases                     usecase-related files
                     /usecase.xmap        usecase dispatching sitemap
                     /usecases.js         flowscript for usecase control flow
                     /admin               Lenya admin usecases
                           /addUser.jx    JX templates for usecase views
                     ...                  more Lenya core usecases

2) The following directories and file do not exist. Questions: (i) where
are they now? (ii) is this how a usecase is registered?

    4. Add the usecase handler class declaration to an XPatch file, e.g.
    $PUB_HOME/config/cocoon-xconf/usecases.xconf ...

Thanks in advance for any help/advice,
jb/rb

Re: correct instructions for adding a use case?

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Jonathan Bregler schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> Here's what we're trying to do, then why we can't do it.
>
> As a proof of concept, we want to take a little javascript, pretend it
> is an editor, and then add that as an editor to Lenya. We think the way
> to do that is in two steps: (1) create a .jx view and add all our
> javascript to it, then (2) create a usecase that uses that view.
>
> What we would like: instructions for how to do this (from anywhere).
>
> Why we can't do it at the moment: the instructions for creating a
> usecase in the official documentation appear to be out of date, and we
> are a little stumped.

You're right, the documentation is outdated. Here's an updated version:

https://lenya.zones.apache.org/cms/docu/live/docu20/reference/usecase-framework/usecase-framework-overview.html

Maybe there still are some mistakes in it, please complain if you find them.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH