Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Tim Armstrong <ta...@cloudera.com> on 2016/04/23 02:27:50 UTC

LLVM upgrade landing soon

The LLVM 3.8 upgrade patch (from 3.3) is in precommit tests now so should
land in cdh5-trunk soon.

It should hopefully not affect anyone significantly, you will just need to
source bin/impala-config.sh to pick up the new version when you rebase. If
you use a custom toolchain, you may need to build the new LLVM versions.

Let me know if you see anything strange.

- Tim

Re: LLVM upgrade landing soon

Posted by Henry Robinson <he...@cloudera.com>.
Hooray Tim! Thanks for all the effort here.

(Can't wait to start using some more modern C++ as a result of this patch.)

--
Henry Robinson
Software Engineer