Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rakesh Sinha <ra...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/04 18:21:57 UTC

Multiple Core schemas with single solr.solr.home

I am planning to configure a solr server with multiple cores with
different schema for themselves with a single solr.solr.home . Are
there any examples in the wiki to the wiki ( the ones that I see have
a single schema.xml for a given solr.solr.home under schema directory.
).

Thanks for helping pointing to the same.

Re: Multiple Core schemas with single solr.solr.home

Posted by Walter Ferrara <wa...@gmail.com>.
the only issue you may have will be related to software that writes files in
solr-home, but the only one I can think of is dataimport.properties of DIH,
so if you use DIH, you may want to make dataimport.properties location to be
configurable dinamically, like an entry in data-config.xml, otherwise each
import on a core will change the file for all cores; Another (easier?
safer?) option would be to use symbolic links, i.e make a dir per core and
add in each one a simbolic link for xml files, so that they all read the
same.

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.