Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tom Huybrechts <to...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/19 12:23:23 UTC

Re: Dependency Management, Prioritize Repositories - Internal, Central, etc.

On 4/19/06, Roye, Suhneel BGI SF <Su...@barclaysglobal.com> wrote:
> Problem:
> I have a custom JAR (built by our team) installed in my local
> repository, and yet every time I do a build, Maven attempts to download
> it from Central (iBiblio) before realizing it's located in my local
> repository. I would like to prevent Maven from attempting to download
> this JAR from Central every time I do a build.
>
> Existing Solution:
> Has anyone successfully dealt with this problem? I've seen several
> threads on this topic without any resolution. I do not want to override
> Central or disable downloading of JAR's from Central.
>
> Potential Solution:
> I would like to be able to specify the order in which Maven looks up
> repositories. I would like for it to first look in my local repository,
> then at a shared (corporate) repository, and finally go out to the
> Central (iBiblio) repository.
>
> There was another thread about this topic a while back:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-users/200604.mbox/%3cC0D4
> 6AE760D942458B26B850713F86F5065BEF21@knight%3e

I also don't like this behaviour (it slows down the build) but haven't
found a solution.

Another potential solution could be to have Maven only check for
updates on repositories where it has previously found the artifact.

Tom