Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu> on 2002/09/11 16:58:27 UTC

Default location of xml file?

I was looking through the documentation and I noticed this:

*SNiP*

 > In case the system property log4j.configuration is not defined, then
 > set the string variable resource to its default value
"log4j.properties".

*SNiP*

 > The PropertyConfigurator
 > <ci...@latte.harvard.edu> will be used to parse
 > the URL to configure log4j unless the URL ends with the ".xml"
 > extension, in which case the DOMConfigurator
 > <ci...@latte.harvard.edu> will be used.

I guess this means that you can't drop an log4j.properties file in XML
onto your classpath and have log4j "automajically" find it? if it needs
to end in .xml the default setting will never find it and if you call it
log4j.properties then the DOMConfigurator will never get called. Correct?

-Mark Diggory