Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Ackermann, Jan Florian" <j....@mgi.de> on 2009/04/09 14:02:13 UTC

Renaming Folder while creating project from archetype

Hello,

I'm quite new to Maven and facing the a problem with the creation of projects from a (selfmade) archetype.

There are not much files within the archetype and the creatinion works fine but
i wonder if there is any possibility to rename folders while creating the project.
E.g.:

Folder structure within the created project:

projectArtifactId
|__src/main
   |___webapp
      |___WEB-INF
      |   |____application
      |___application

Is there a way to create the project with the "application" folder automatically renamed to "projectArtifactId"?
Maybe someone has antoher idea how to solve this problem then let me know.
At the moment I think about placing a build.xml within the root of the project that contains an ant task
for renaming the the folders but the my main target is to only use maven is possible.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards

Jan Florian Ackermann

Geschaeftsfuehrung/Management Board: Heinz-Josef Boeck (Vorsitzender/CEO),  Dr. Dirk Toepfer, Dr. Gerd Wolfram
Sitz Duesseldorf, Amtsgericht Duesseldorf, HRB 18232/Commercial Register of the Duesseldorf Local Court, HRB 18232 XXXX

This e-mail message is intended exclusively for the addressee. If the e-mail was sent to you by mistake, would you please call us immediately? In this case, we also request you to destroy the e-mail and to neither use the content nor disclose them in any manner to third parties, because the message can contain confidential information which may be protected by professional secrecy.