Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rick Reumann <ma...@reumann.net> on 2002/11/12 19:06:31 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] display tag- added columns functionality

In recent weeks I've noticed several people inquire about Ed Hill's
awesome display tag http://edhill.its.uiowa.edu/display-0.8/
and the ability to only display certain columns.

I modified the jar and tld so that you can now provide a
"columnsToDisplay" attribute in the display:table tag.
columnsToDisplay just needs to be a String array of the columns you
want to display. The only caveat is the Strings in the array should
represent the titles of the columns and not the names of the fields.
(I suppose I should change that, but I wasn't sure if it would still
work when you use one of the table decorators. It shouldn't be a problem,
though, so I'll probably change that).

If anyone wants the jar/tld feel free to e-mail me or if I hear from
Ed, I'll see if he wants to include it in his latest release or I
could provide a link to the code somewhere else.

--

Rick
mailto:maillist@reumann.net