Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Nick Gressky <gr...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/05 10:08:06 UTC

Cyrillic names for views

Good afternoon!

I tried to create a view with a Cyrillic name, but all the symbols were
transformed into '?'. Is there any way to add Russian locale support?

I'm using Apache Drill 1.15

Thanks in advance

Re: Cyrillic names for views

Posted by Vitalii Diravka <vi...@apache.org>.
Hi Nick,

Looks like Cyrillic View name works fine for me:

0: jdbc:drill:zk=local> create view МояВьюха as select employee_id,
full_name from cp.`employee.json` limit 2;
+-------+-----------------------------------------------------------+
|  ok   |                          summary                          |
+-------+-----------------------------------------------------------+
| true  | View 'МояВьюха' created successfully in 'dfs.tmp' schema  |
+-------+-----------------------------------------------------------+
1 row selected (0.125 seconds)
0: jdbc:drill:zk=local> describe МояВьюха;
+--------------+------------+--------------+
| COLUMN_NAME  | DATA_TYPE  | IS_NULLABLE  |
+--------------+------------+--------------+
| employee_id  | ANY        | YES          |
| full_name    | ANY        | YES          |
+--------------+------------+--------------+
2 rows selected (0.241 seconds)
0: jdbc:drill:zk=local> select * from МояВьюха;
+--------------+------------------+
| employee_id  |    full_name     |
+--------------+------------------+
| 1            | Sheri Nowmer     |