Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@datatorrent.com> on 2015/09/16 21:55:38 UTC

IRC

I wanted to gauge the interest for having an IRC or slack channel for Apex.
Could the mentors comment if they have seen other apache projects do this?

Thanks

Re: IRC

Posted by Amol Kekre <am...@datatorrent.com>.
Brennon
Please do spearhead.

Thks
Amol

Re: IRC

Posted by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@datatorrent.com>.
Go ahead Brennon

Re: IRC

Posted by "York, Brennon" <Br...@capitalone.com>.

Re: IRC

Posted by Chetan Narsude <ch...@datatorrent.com>.

RE: IRC

Posted by "Ganelin, Ilya" <Il...@capitalone.com>.
Short plug for Slack - Slack is also archived and searchable.

The below link suggests that with the Plus version of Spark we can automatically export data. From this it should be a short step to have a script that reads this data and sends an email to the mailing list with a daily batch of updates.

https://slack.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201658943-Exporting-your-team-s-Slack-history

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thank you,
Ilya Ganelin

Posted by Amol Kekre <am...@datatorrent.com>.

Re: IRC

Re: IRC

Posted by Andy Perlitch <an...@datatorrent.com>.
Is there such as thing as a public slack channel?

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 1:22 PM, Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>
wrote:

> Yes, I have seen multiple other Apache projects host an IRC channel on
> irc.freenode.net.
>
> --Chris Nauroth
>

> On 9/16/15, 12:55 PM, "Pramod Immaneni" <pr...@datatorrent.com> wrote:
>
> >I wanted to gauge the interest for having an IRC or slack channel for
> >Apex.
> >Could the mentors comment if they have seen other apache projects do this?
> >
> >Thanks

Andy Perlitch
Software Engineer
DataTorrent Inc