Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org> on 2015/03/27 20:19:23 UTC

Splitting reviews and build emails into their own mailing lists

Hi,

What do you guys think about moving the review and build (CI) emails to
their own mailing lists (reviews@ and builds@).

Quite a few people that I have talked to have mentioned that there is too
much noise on our dev list to get at the signal (dev discussions, release
announcements, API changes etc). We have taken the first step by moving
JIRA emails (issues@) off the dev list. I think it's time we move
reviews/build emails too to keep the fidelity of dev list high.

Comments?

Re: Splitting reviews and build emails into their own mailing lists

Posted by Kapil Arya <ka...@mesosphere.io>.
+1.

Posted by Anirudha Jadhav <an...@nyu.edu>.
+1 please

--
Anirudha P. Jadhav

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang

Posted by Yan Xu <ya...@jxu.me>.
+1

Posted by Cody Maloney <co...@mesosphere.io>.
Could you update the community page with the new lists?
http://mesos.apache.org/community/

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>.
i also cut over build emails to builds@mesos.apache.org

also, took the opportunity to delete all our various jenkins jobs in favor
of the new "Mesos" job <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-2233>.

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.
+benh

Posted by Zhongyue Luo <zh...@gmail.com>.
Any updates on this issue?

Posted by Alexander Rojas <al...@mesosphere.io>.
+1

Posted by Alex Rukletsov <al...@mesosphere.io>.
Great idea! Good replacement for my current workaround with filters.

Posted by Michael Park <mc...@gmail.com>.
Awesome Vinod,