Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by NateBot2000 <bi...@nathanbeach.com> on 2007/09/19 17:43:35 UTC

Custom AjaxFormSubmitBehavior

Howdy:

I created an extension of AjaxSubmitLink that accepts a static html form id
string as an argument (AjaxFormSubmitBehavior forces setOutputMarkupId on
the Form by default).  In so doing, I extended AjaxFormSubmitBehavior... and
then I add this custom behavior to my custom AjaxSubmitLink.

My question is: what is the proper way of removing / overriding the old
AjaxFormSubmitBehavior that's added by the parent class?  I am currently
doing a MarkupContainer.removeAll() on the link before I add my custom
behavior (this seems to work fine), but that seems wrong and potentially
dangerous.

Thanks for any help...

NateBot2000

Re: Custom AjaxFormSubmitBehavior

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.

NateBot2000 wrote:

> I created an extension of AjaxSubmitLink that accepts a static html form
> id string as an argument (AjaxFormSubmitBehavior forces setOutputMarkupId
> on the Form by default).  In so doing, I extended
> AjaxFormSubmitBehavior... and then I add this custom behavior to my custom
> AjaxSubmitLink.
>
> My question is: what is the proper way of removing / overriding the old
> AjaxFormSubmitBehavior that's added by the parent class?  I am currently
> doing a MarkupContainer.removeAll() on the link before I add my custom
> behavior (this seems to work fine), but that seems wrong and potentially
> dangerous.

Why not just extend AbstractSubmitLink and add your behavior to it?

Re: Custom AjaxFormSubmitBehavior

Posted by NateBot2000 <bi...@nathanbeach.com>.
Oh, I just looked closer at Component.getBehaviors and see what to do.
Sorry...

I guess something along the lines of this would work?

   List<IBehavior> list = this.getBehaviors(
Class.forName("AjaxFormSubmitBehavior") );

   for ( IBehavior b : list )
   {
      this.remove(b);
   }