Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Ravi P <ha...@outlook.com> on 2012/09/26 22:18:41 UTC

Unit tests for Map and Reduce functions.

Is it possible to write unit test for mapper Map , and reducer Reduce function ?

-Ravi

Re: Unit tests for Map and Reduce functions.

Posted by "Oliver B. Fischer" <ma...@swe-blog.net>.
It should work with TestNG too. It seems not to depend on JUnit directly.

Posted by "Oliver B. Fischer" <ma...@swe-blog.net>.

Posted by "Oliver B. Fischer" <ma...@swe-blog.net>.

Posted by "Oliver B. Fischer" <ma...@swe-blog.net>.

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.
0.9.0-incubating<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/mrunit/mrunit/0.9.0-incubating/>
is
indeed the last version although the 1.0 might be released soon.
Like you can see, there is an artefact for hadoop1 and another one for
hadoop2.

Mockito is used within MRUnit. But why do everything by hand when people
already build something?
A little sample for a a full mapper-reducer test :

MapReduceDriver.newMapReduceDriver(new WordCountMapper(),new
WordCountReducer())
            .withInput(new LongWritable(1), new Text("word1 word2 word2
word1"))//
            .withOutput(new Text("word1"), new LongWritable(2))//
            .withOutput(new Text("word2"), new LongWritable(2))//
            .runTest();

Of course, there is also a MapDriver and a ReduceDriver. And MRunit
supports both mapred and mapreduce packages.

Regards

Bertrand

--
Bertrand Dechoux

Re: Unit tests for Map and Reduce functions.

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Armstrong <jr...@ccri.com>.

Posted by John Armstrong <jr...@ccri.com>.

Posted by Bejoy Ks <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ravi

You can take a look at mockito

http://books.google.co.in/books?id=Nff49D7vnJcC&pg=PA138&lpg=PA138&dq=mockito+%2B+hadoop&source=bl&ots=IifyVu7yXp&sig=Q1LoxqAKO0nqRquus8jOW5CBiWY&hl=en&sa=X&ei=b2pjULHSOIPJrAeGsIHwAg&ved=0CC0Q6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=mockito%20%2B%20hadoop&f=false

Posted by John Armstrong <jr...@ccri.com>.

Posted by John Armstrong <jr...@ccri.com>.

Posted by Bejoy Ks <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ravi

Posted by Bejoy Ks <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ravi

Posted by Bejoy Ks <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ravi

Posted by Kai Voigt <k...@123.org>.

--
Kai Voigt
k@123.org

Re: Unit tests for Map and Reduce functions.

Posted by Kai Voigt <k...@123.org>.

--
Kai Voigt
k@123.org

Re: Unit tests for Map and Reduce functions.

Posted by Kai Voigt <k...@123.org>.

--
Kai Voigt
k@123.org

Re: Unit tests for Map and Reduce functions.

Posted by Kai Voigt <k...@123.org>.

--
Kai Voigt
k@123.org

RE: Unit tests for Map and Reduce functions.

Posted by Ravi P <ha...@outlook.com>.

From: hadooper@outlook.com
To: k@123.org
Subject: RE: Unit tests for Map and Reduce functions.
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 13:35:57 -0700

Thanks Kai, Which MRUnit jar I should use for Hadoop 0.20 ?https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/mrunit/mrunit/0.9.0-incubating/
-Ravi

From: k@123.org
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 22:21:06 +0200
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

Hello,
yes, http://mrunit.apache.org is your reference. MRUnit is a framework on top of JUnit which emulates the mapreduce framework to test your mappers and reducers.
Kai
Am 26.09.2012 um 22:18 schrieb Ravi P <ha...@outlook.com>:Is it possible to write unit test for mapper Map , and reducer Reduce function ?

-Ravi

-- Kai Voigtk@123.org

RE: Unit tests for Map and Reduce functions.

From: k@123.org
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 22:21:06 +0200
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

From: k@123.org
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 22:21:06 +0200
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

From: k@123.org
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 22:21:06 +0200
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

Posted by Kai Voigt <k...@123.org>.
Hello,

--
Kai Voigt
k@123.org

Re: Unit tests for Map and Reduce functions.

Posted by Kai Voigt <k...@123.org>.
Hello,

--
Kai Voigt
k@123.org

Re: Unit tests for Map and Reduce functions.

Posted by Kai Voigt <k...@123.org>.
Hello,

--
Kai Voigt
k@123.org

Re: Unit tests for Map and Reduce functions.

Posted by Kai Voigt <k...@123.org>.
Hello,

--
Kai Voigt