Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Jeanna Geier <jg...@apt-cafm.com> on 2006/08/23 17:37:33 UTC

Slide and Issues When Logging Into WebDAV

Hi, I'm having some issues with WebDAV after implementing the <security-constraint> element to for use of HTTPS and would appreciate any assistance anyone could give me.  I'm a newbie here, so please bear with me.

I added the <user-data-constraint> element to the <security-constraint> element:

<security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
        <web-resource-name>DAV resource</web-resource-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
        <http-method>COPY</http-method>
         .
         .
        <http-method>NOTIFY</http-method>
    </web-resource-collection>
    <user-data-constraint>
        <description>Constrain the entire application to force use of HTTPS</description>
    </user-data-constraint>
    <auth-constraint>
        <role-name>root</role-name>
        <role-name>guest</role-name>
        <role-name>user</role-name>
    </auth-constraint>
</security-constraint>

And then when I go to log into WebDAV I get the following error message:

  The resource requested moved to https://localhost:443/slide/
  Please try connecting to the new location.

Any ideas or suggestions on how I can configure Slide to have WebDAV look for the secure site would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Jeanna

Re: Slide and Issues When Logging Into WebDAV

Posted by Jeanna Geier <jg...@apt-cafm.com>.
Issue MOSTLY resolved with an easy fix...

Using the DAVExplorer GUI, there is an option under Edit for Use SSL that I
checked and after restarting, it allowed me to log in.

However, I am getting a SSL Security Alert pop-up that says "The Security
Certificate from host localhost could not be verified!  Trust host localhost
anyway?"  Any ideas on how to correct this problem and get my certificate
verified?

Thanks much.

Posted by Aslam Bari <ia...@yahoo.co.in>.