Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Steve Cohen <St...@ignitesports.com> on 2001/08/31 19:14:10 UTC

Easy way to quickly validate a DTD

I am running Version 1.2.3 of Xerces and generating XML to a DTD that I
have written.
While in some cases the xml is validated, in others, I am getting error
messages indicating the DTD is not well formed.
Xerces seems to think it is ok.

Is there an application or a quick script that can quickly
validate/invalidate a DTD?  I am suspicious that the error messages are
spurious and want to prove it.

Steve Cohen
Sr. Software Engineer
Ignite Sports Media
4410 N. Ravenswood
Chicago IL 60640

How to create XML using Xerces-C

Posted by Ryanto Djayadi <ry...@isis.com.sg>.
Easy way to quickly validate a DTDHi,

Is there anybody know how to create an XML message with mandatory and optional field using Xerces-C ? Optional fields should be in the XML message in case of the field is blank. How to do this using Xerces-C ?

Thanks
Ryanto