Posted to dev@vcl.apache.org by yu...@hotmail.com on 2010/02/19 20:19:31 UTC

To access normal user accout

Hi

Some users want to reserve a virtual machine and access existing user
account on the image. However, VCL post configuration seemed disable all
other accounts which are on the image. How can I maintain the original
account on the image?

I check the NC state university VCL. It seemed that, VCL let user login the
image by VCL account first, then user use internal network to login to other
machine which has original user account on the image. Command is "ssh -l
username linux"

Thanks,

Xianqing

Re: To access normal user accout

Posted by Andy Kurth <an...@ncsu.edu>.
Hello
Are you referring to Windows or Linux images?

User accounts are not deleted unless the login name matches the user who made
the reservation.  There are a few situations where a user account may be deleted:
-During image capture, the account of the user who made the imaging reservation
is deleted.  Any other user accounts will be saved in the image.
-During image load, if an account exists in the image with the same login name
as the user who made the reservation, it will be deleted then recreated.
-If a user makes a reservation but never logs in, that user's account will be
deleted after the reservation times out when the computer is reclaimed.

If you're referring to Linux images, you will not be able to login to other
accounts saved in an image because sshd is configured to only allow connections
by the user who made the reservation when a reservation is made.

I'm not sure what you mean by "use internal network to login to other machine
which has original user account on the image".  Where/how did you find this?
Which internal network are you referring to?

Regards,
Andy