Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Adam Fowler <ad...@adamfowler.org> on 2004/05/14 00:59:56 UTC

Alex's LDAP code update...

Hi all again,

I've got LDAP working (tested with IMAP2 patched server - which is naughty
of me). Only problem now is that getUserByName fails as it looks for
adam@adamfowler.co.uk instead of adam and therefore fails. I'll look into
this next week when I've got more time as I'm busy all weekend.

I haven't tried out the method mentioned in an e-mail I've got somewhere
to get round the virtual host problem without a patch. I'll try this and
report back. It did look by the e-mail that such changes need to be made
by hand in configuration files instead of pulling the info straight out of
the UserRepository implementation (LDAP attribute called 'maildir' for
example, or specified in config), which is rather upsetting. Of course I
could just have got the wrong end of the stick.

As I say I'll take a look and submit a patch. I'll raise an issue in JIRA
now about the LDAP code (which is not dependant on GNU GPL'ed code you'll
be glad to hear) so I can upload a patch tomorrow so it can be included in
the MAIN branch of CVS with the right config. (More docs will be needed
incidentally as a few settings need modifying as LDAP can't be used out of
the box).

Thanks guys and goodnight from Blighty,

Adam.

--