Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dennis Clarke <dc...@blastwave.org> on 2021/05/26 14:41:26 UTC

page https://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi says Stable Release - Latest Version:,, 2.4.46 (released 2020-08-07)

Seen at https://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi

    Stable Release - Latest Version:

        2.4.46 (released 2020-08-07)

I just followed the url link at :

    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpd/Announcement2.4.html

Then this https://httpd.apache.org/ seems similar, yet slightly
different.

I am guessing that all of this is in flow and changing now.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC

Re: page https://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi says Stable Release - Latest Version:,, 2.4.46 (released 2020-08-07)

Posted by Dennis Clarke <dc...@blastwave.org>.
On 5/26/21 13:03, Christophe JAILLET wrote:

> Le 26/05/2021 à 16:41, Dennis Clarke a écrit :
>>
>> Seen at https://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi
>>
>>      Stable Release - Latest Version:
>>
>>          2.4.46 (released 2020-08-07)
>>

>> I just followed the url link at :
>>
>>      https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpd/Announcement2.4.html
>
> Hi,
>
> Did you reach the URL from httpd.a.o?

Sorry for the late reply.

I tend to watch the pre-release tarballs and also tend to build from
trunk. I don't post much on the mail list anymore as there is not much
interest in old Solaris 10 on big old Fujitsu SPARC64. I still have that
running and likely will for years. Some folks won't migrate.  Just ask
about the battles with the Python people.  That is another story.

So I see https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpd/

There one may click on Announcement2.4.html which has links to the
download page https://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi

So I likely fell onto a link that goes to the wrong place. Nothing too
serious.

Posted by Christophe JAILLET <ch...@wanadoo.fr>.
Le 26/05/2021 à 16:41, Dennis Clarke a écrit :

> Seen at https://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi
>
>      Stable Release - Latest Version:
>
>          2.4.46 (released 2020-08-07)
>

> I just followed the url link at :
>
>      https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpd/Announcement2.4.html

Hi,

Did you reach the URL from httpd.a.o?

If yes, can you tell from where because we shouldn't point to 'dev'. I
guess that 'release' would be expected.
Anyway, see below, there is a known small time window where things can
look odd.
> Then this https://httpd.apache.org/ seems similar, yet slightly
> different.
>
> I am guessing that all of this is in flow and changing now.

Right.

The 2.4.48 has been put in the dist/release directory yesterday morning.
Our release/announcement process ask for a 1 or 2 days delay so that
mirrors have time to replicate (see step 16 at [1]).

So, all this will be sorted out when the official announcement will be made.

Also, to answer another remark I got in private, the date at the top of
Announcement2.4.html for 2.4.48 will be updated automatically by our
announcement script. (see line 248 of [2])

So yes, there is a small time window where things may look strange and
one could wonder what it really up to date. I'll have a look to see if
we can easily avoid it.

CJ

[1]: https://httpd.apache.org/dev/release.html#how-to-do-a-release
[2]: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/site/trunk/tools/announce.sh