Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Kevin Verhoeven <Ke...@ds-iq.com> on 2016/05/27 15:41:19 UTC

Cluster Node Protocol Threads - will this configuration help reduce a high queue?

I’m new to NiFi and I have a small problem. I’m running NiFi 0.7.0-SNAPSHOT on Windows 2012 R2 VMs. I’ve noticed that the queues on some of my Processors are very large, sometimes as high as 10,000 flowfiles. The flowfiles are eventually processed but at a slow pace.

I run a cluster with 4 nodes. The initial Get Processor runs on the Primary Node to only request a single file and I then use the DistributeLoad Processor with the Next Available setting to spread the load across the cluster nodes. However, I see that the queue is highest on the Primary Node and the cluster nodes see very little work.

My question is: will I increase throughput to the cluster nodes if I increase the nifi.cluster.node.protocol.threads from 2 to something higher? What effect does nifi.cluster.node.protocol.threads have on the nodes?

Thanks,

Kevin

RE: Cluster Node Protocol Threads - will this configuration help reduce a high queue?

Posted by Kevin Verhoeven <Ke...@ds-iq.com>.
Thanks Matt,

I was able to send the flowfiles through a Remote Processor Group back into the cluster and the flowfiles were distributed appropriately. I appreciate the advice.

Kevin

Posted by Matthew Clarke <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hey Kevin,