Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wo...@AtosOrigin.com on 2008/09/04 14:04:50 UTC

ftp wagon not found

Hi,

I don't know how I did get it but maven doesn't find the wagon ftp extension anymore:

[INFO] snapshot net.atos.wlp:parent-pom:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from internal

[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'snapshot net.atos.wlp:parent-pom:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT' could not be retrieved from repository: internal due to an error: Unsupported Protocol: 'ftp': Cannot find wagon which supports the requested protocol: ftp

[INFO] Repository 'internal' will be blacklisted

 It had no problems since now with this. Wagon is in my local repository and it is declared in the pom:

  <build>

     <extensions>

        <extension>

           <groupId>org.apache.maven.wagon</groupId>

           <artifactId>wagon-ftp</artifactId>

           <version>1.0-beta-2</version>

        </extension>

     </extensions>

  </build>

What can I do to help Maven find it? Or is the WARNING misleading and the error is something other? What is blacklisting a repository?

I am running maven 2.0.8, Eclipse with Sonatype Maven plugin versions from 17.7.2008

Freundliche Grüße / Kind regards

Wolfgang Winter

System Analyst

Re: ftp wagon not found

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Does it work from the command line version of Maven 2.0.8? IIUC, m2e uses a
snapshot version of Maven that doesn't support extensions.
- Brett

--
Brett Porter
Blog: http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/