Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by qu...@metronet.com on 2001/05/18 16:12:13 UTC

Error 500 with Tomcat

I've installed Tomcat 3.2.1 (latest binary) on Win2K, and
have all the demo JSP/servlets working. I am using Sun's
JDK 1.3.0_02, and have installed Apache SOAP 2.1. I have
deployed a HelloWorldService which is listed on the admin
page correctly. When trying to use the service via the
client, I get the following exception:

Caught SOAPException (SOAP-ENV:Protocol):
Unsupported response content type "text/html", must be: "text/xml".
Response was:
<h1>Error: 500</h1>
<h2>Location: /soap/servlet/rpcrouter</h2><b>Internal
Servlet Error:</b><br><pre
>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/activation/MimeTypeParseException
        at
org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet.doPost(RPCRouterServlet.
java:205)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
        at
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.
java:797)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection
(HttpConnectionHandler.java:210)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

I have tried Xerces version 3.1, 2.1, and 2.0 and get the same
exception every time. I have this exact setup working on Linux,
but is there something different about Tomcat (or SOAP or Xerces
for that matter) on Windows 2000?

Thanks, Derek
quikdraw@metronet.com