Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by fanyun <yu...@vtradex.com> on 2001/06/29 09:01:12 UTC

about upload service

Hi:

I am now trying upload service.  I wonder is it possible to upload a directory recursively using upload service. Or I should upload file one by one.

Regards

fanyun

Re: Turbine

Posted by Eric Dobbs <er...@dobbse.net>.
On Friday, June 29, 2001, at 07:00  AM, zahid wrote:

> hi all
> i am using turbine and jsp as templates i have make all the changes
> mentioned in the documentation. Now i am using "default.jsp" which
> include
> navigations and screens. i only write jsps and actions.  Please tell
> am i
> going right or not?

You are on the right track.

We write jsp templates, and actions.  We don't write "navigations" or the
like.  We also write jsp tag libraries to support the jsp templates,
mainly
so we can keep code out of the templates themselves.

We also write our own services to centralize our business logic.  In our
designs, there are some parallels between objects generated by Torque,
and
the services we write to manage those objects, and the tag libraries we
write to display those objects.  Torque generated models are the "model",
tag libraries and templates are the "view", and Turbine and the services
are the "controller" in the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern.

Hope that helps.
-Eric

Turbine

Re: about upload service

Posted by Rafal Krzewski <Ra...@e-point.pl>.
fanyun wrote:

> I am now trying upload service.  I wonder is it possible to upload a directory
> recursively using upload service. Or I should upload file one by one.

You cannot do that, because no www browser in existnence supports
sending more
than one file per <input type="file"> widget.

The protocol supports sending multiple files for a single file widget
(through multipart/mixed part in mutlipart/formdata) and UploadService
supports
it fully.

Maybe you can ask your users to compress the files with winzip before
sending
them? You can unzip them with java.util.zip.

An Java Applet is probably not an option, because applets are not
allowed to
read files from the client's disk by default, and changing this is
rather
complicated (and potentialy insecure to the client)

Rafal

--
mgr inz. Rafal Krzewski
Senior Internet Developer

Re: about upload service

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.
On 6/29/01 3:01 AM, "fanyun" <yu...@vtradex.com> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I am now trying upload service.  I wonder is it possible to upload a directory
> recursively using upload service. Or I should upload file one by one.

One file at a time.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl