Posted to users@maven.apache.org by thiago <tc...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/15 13:58:39 UTC

Maven is lying to me!

Hi,

   I'm quite new to maven, and i'm having troubles with an intranet
repository. I have a similar entry in my pom.xml

	<distributionManagement>
		<repository>
			<id>mavenrepo</id>
			<name>mavenrepo</name>
			<url>file:///server/dev/mavenrepo</url>
		</repository>
	</distributionManagement>

When I run "mvn deploy", maven log shows that the artifact is installed
locally AND at the configured intranet repository (it even shows the upload
progress). But it's a lie!!! The artifact is not copied to
\\server\dev\mavenrepo !!!! Any clue anyone?

Kind Regards,
Thiago Souza

Re: Site:deploy execution

Posted by Ciprian Duma <ci...@gmail.com>.
mvn -N site:deploy

Re: Site:deploy execution

Posted by Sebastien Pennec <se...@qos.ch>.
Actually, nabble connected the mails while I thought it would handle them as two threads.

Sorry bout that...

Sébastien

thiago a écrit :

> Sorry, as i'm new to maven, I have no idea...
>
> Why you replied my question with another question? This should be another
> post!
>

> Sebastien Pennec wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've had a problem today with the site:deploy command.
>>
>> My project had a parent pom, and 4 sub-modules. A distribution management
>> element is
>> present in the parent pom, and not in the sub-modules.
>> What I wanted to do is execute site:deploy on the parent pom and not have
>> the site
>> commande propagated to sub-modules. Is there a way to prevent its
>> execution?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Sébastien
>>
>> --
>> Sébastien Pennec
>> sebastien@qos.ch
>>
>> Logback: The reliable, generic, fast and flexible logging framework for
>> Java.

Sébastien Pennec
sebastien@qos.ch

Re: Site:deploy execution

Posted by thiago <tc...@gmail.com>.

Re: Site:deploy execution

Posted by Sebastien Pennec <se...@qos.ch>.
Hello Milos,

That's exactly what I wanted... although it's not really where I was looking for it :)

Thanks,

Sébastien

Milos Kleint a écrit :
> Sebastien Pennec wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've had a problem today with the site:deploy command.
>>
>> My project had a parent pom, and 4 sub-modules. A distribution
>> management element is present in the parent pom, and not in the
>> sub-modules.
>> What I wanted to do is execute site:deploy on the parent pom and not
>> have the site commande propagated to sub-modules. Is there a way to
>> prevent its execution?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Sébastien
>>
> check the command line options, one of them is to force maven not to
> process the project's modules during the build. I think it's -N but not
> completely sure.
>
> Milos

Sébastien Pennec
sebastien@qos.ch

Re: Site:deploy execution

Posted by Milos Kleint <Mi...@Sun.COM>.

Site:deploy execution

RE: Maven is lying to me!

Posted by thiago <tc...@gmail.com>.

Thanks!!!!

Re: Maven is lying to me!

Posted by a crawford <ar...@gmail.com>.
I was lied to also :-) The following worked for me on windows though.

  <url>file:///\\server\maven\repos\snapshot</url>

Regards,

Arthur.

Re: Maven is lying to me!

Posted by thiago <tc...@gmail.com>.